LG, one of major display makers, has come up with the world’s slimmest FullHD LCD panel for smartphones. The high-resolution display will enable mobile manufacturers to figure out far thinner FullHD smartphones with no compromise to image quality and visual perfection. The new LG panel is slimmer at just 2.2mm, and has a very thin 2.3mm bezel.
Indeed, it makes the new LG FullHD panel the thinnest and narrowest among other FullHD LCD panels meant for smartphones. LG has further used a bunch of advanced technologies and features in the display panel for better touchscreen experience and more.
The Advanced One-Glass-Solution is one such feature that ensures better touchscreen exposure and the dual flexible printed circuits are housed between the touch film and panel in order to decrease the number of lines on the LCD panel by around 30 percent.
Furthermore, to enable great brightness, LG has utilized direct bonding system in the display. Moreover, its 1080 x 1920 pixels offer a full set of subpixels such as green, red and blue sub-pixel to form a traditional RGB matrix for perfection.
Finally, the new LG display offers brightness up to 535 nits to beat all other FullHD LCD panels out there. Its Ambient Contrast Ratio that results of 3.74:1 based on 10,000 lux ensures it can perform nice in bright sunlight also.
It looks quite sensible that LG will be making use of this display panel on its upcoming Optimus G2, which is expected to carry a 5.2-inch display on contrary to the former report that it would mount a 5-in panel. Perhaps, it might be the first device to roll out with the new FullHD LCD panel that can beat all its alternatives, which are up on the existing smartphones.
- LG Announces the World’s Slimmest Smartphone Display, 2.2mm thin with a 2.3mm bezel (thedroidguy.com)
- LG shows off thinnest-ever HD LCD panel, just in time for the Optimus G2 (news.yahoo.com)
- LG introduces world’s slimmest full HD LCD panel for smartphones (phys.org)
- LG Optimus G2 will have the world’s slimmest Full HD LCD panel (unwiredview.com)
- LG Display unveils the “World’s Slimmest Full HD LCD Panel for Smartphones” at 2.2mm (mobilesyrup.com)