Since the day BlackBerry announced its plans to bring its messaging service BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) to Android and iOS, there has been a buzz in tech circles as well as among consumers. But except that the service will be available to Android users “this summer,” the company has not said anything on its availability.
But alongside the launch of the BlackBerry Q5 on Tuesday in India, Sunil Lalvani, managing director, BlackBerry India, gave us more information on the launch plans of the BBM service for Android. When asked Lalvani to narrow down the availability details, he said, “The service is coming to Android this summer. But summer as per North America, where it remains till September.” When asked if that means that BBM for Android would be available before the end of September, his response was in the affirmative.
This means that those who have been waiting for the arrival of BBM on Android would not need to wait for too long. BlackBerry on Tuesday also launched its mid-range BlackBerry 10 OS smartphone – the BlackBerry Q5 at Rs 24,990.
- BBM coming to Android by September end, says BlackBerry India MD (ibnlive.in.com)
- BBM for Android could arrive as late as September 21 (androidcommunity.com)
- BBM for Android will reportedly launch by the end of September (bgr.com)
- BBM coming to Android by September end, says BlackBerry India MD – IBNLive (newestgadgetsinfo.com)
- BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) Arriving on Android by Late September (news.softpedia.com)
- BBM for Android, iPhone release date fears solidified (product-reviews.net)