Google’s Motorola division appears set to unveil its much anticipated Moto X phone on August 1 at an event in New York City.
Email invitations sent to the media displayed the Moto X name in bold letters. The invitation depicted several youths holding the Moto X, the first smartphone Motorola has developed since its 2012 acquisition by Google.
The Motorola business has been a drag on Google’s profit margins, with Motorola’s second-quarter losses totaling $342 million.
A Web page to respond to the invitation said, “Come experience the new Motorola. No Stage. No crowds.” The page asks guests to select one of several “sessions” to attend at different times at an address in mid-town Manhattan.
In May, Motorola CEO Dennis Woodside said at the AllThingsD technology conference that the new Moto X phones would be built in the United States.
- Motorola confirms it will announce the customizable Moto X in New York on August 1st (thenextweb.com)
- Google’s Motorola to hold Moto X phone event on August 1 (ibnlive.in.com)
- Motorola sends invites to August 1st X Phone event (9to5google.com)
- Motorola Moto X Phone, Specs, Rumors: Has Flagship Phone Lost its Pre-Release Buzz? (designntrend.com)
- Motorola Will Announce Its New Smartphone, The Moto X, On August 1 (GOOG) (businessinsider.com)